Aston University Library is a controlled access building. Visitors can use the Library by either applying for a day pass or for a registered visitor card.
Day pass visitors can:
- Apply for a visitor day pass between 09:00-16:45 Mondays - Fridays but they are NOT available at the weekends.
- Only use the Library from 09:00 - 21:00 Mondays - Fridays. This applies even when the Library is open longer than those hours.
- Visit the Library for a maximum of 3 times per academic year for reference purposes
- Use Wi-Fi on your own device via username and password obtained from the Help Point (weekdays 09:00 - 18:00 term-time and until 17:00 during vacations)
Please note that there is no access for Day Pass visitors during enrolment and Fresher's weeks or our busy revision and examination periods
Registered visitors can:
- Use the Library for study purposes from:
- 09:00 - 21:00 weekdays
- 10:00 until 18:00 on Saturdays and Sundays
- Borrow up to 6 books at any one time (these must be returned on time or renewed, to avoid fines). You will have access to your own Library Record which you can use to check loans or renew books, or to change your PIN.
- Use Wif-Fi - via eduroam on own device if a member of another university, or via password for own laptop from the Help Point (weekdays 09:00 - 18:00 term-time and until 17:00 during vacations). Unfortunately, University photocopiers, computers and laptops are not available to visitors.
Further information for all Library visitors:
All visitors are subject to Library and IT regulations, failure to observe these conditions will result in access being withdrawn.
Visitors must present ID and sign in and out on each visit.
Please see the Privacy Notice for Visitors to Aston University Library.