Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Managing your library books
- Undergraduates can borrow 20 books, taught postgraduates 25 books and researchers 35 books at any one time.
- If you need a book for longer you can renew the book by going to your Library Record.
- If all copies of a book are out on loan and you would like to get hold of a copy you can reserve it
- If there is an electronic copy (e-book) click on the link and login. E-books are exactly the same in terms of content as a printed book; they are just in a different format. We buy e-books from a number of different sources, please check the help files on the specific platform or contact the firstname.lastname@example.org for further help.
Can't find what you need?
If you cannot find the book you're looking for in Library SmartSearch you can suggest that we buy the book using this form.
If there are books on your Reading List which the Library doesn't have please contact lis_readinglists.ac.uk and we will contact your lecturer.
Ebooks for languages
This site contains around 2000 French books, over half of which are available online for free. These books aren't in the Library SmartSearch so you'll need to search OpenEdition's site directly.
Ebook Central This link opens in a new window
Access to over 100,000 ebooks across multiple academic and general interest subject areas. You can search these books using the Library SmartSearch or by searching the Ebrary site itself.
The smartest way to start your search
To search for:
- a specific book, type in the author surname and some words from the title
- books on a topic, type your keywords and then select Books from the Limit by material type menu on the left-hand side of your results page
(Reading lists for individual modules can be accessed via Blackboard)
Finding a book
Search for the book using the book title or the author and a keyword from the title
Search the Library Catalogue using the book title and the name of the Editor