Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Don't forget to check the General Resources tab for exclusive access to subscribed resources. The Library has paid for these resources and accesss has now been extended to Alumni.
Access to libraries near you and other free resources
- If you are a member of a professional body, find out what database access and library services are offered to its members.
- Does your nearest university allow the general public “walk-in” access to e-resources, or use of their library for reference purposes?
- Have a look at what's available at your local public library. For example, becoming a member of the Library of Birmingham gives you to access their subscribed databases and services for businesses.
- Do you live or work in London? If so, find out what the British Library Business & IP Centre in St Pancras can offer on-site. Also, the City Business Library in Aldermanbury is open to all.
- Do you live in Wales? If so, you can register for free access to the National Library of Wales‘ external e-resources. National Library of Scotland and National Library of Ireland offer a similar service.
- Try an institutional repository search to uncover a wealth of academic, educational and research ‘open access’ web resources. For example, the Institutional Repository Search project and CORE allow you to search across UK academic repositories, or try the Bielefeld Academic Search Engine for a global search.
- Try searching Google Scholar, the Directory of Open Access Journals and the British Library’s Management & Business Studies Portal.
HSTalks Business & Management
HSTalks Business & Management Collection contains over 900 specially prepared, animated, online, video lectures and case studies by experts from commerce, industry, the professions and academia for universities, business schools, colleges continuing professional development.
Contact email@example.com to set up a personal account which will allow you to access this content from wherever you are in the world!
Sage Publishing offers access to almost 1,000 journal titles on a wide range of academic subjects including Social Sciences, Business, Life and Health Sciences and Engineering. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a personal account, allowing you to access high quality journals anywhere in the world and all completely free!
Aston Publications Explorer
Aston Publications Explorer is Aston's own institutional repository - you can find a range of research output from this university, including journal articles, reports and theses.
Latest additions to Aston Publications Explorer from members of ABS: