Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
** Extended until August 2022 **
How to use Kortext eTextbooks
Watch this 'Getting started' video to explore Kortext ebook functionality or go to a section of your choice:
- General navigation - 0:14
- Reference export - 0:46
- Navigation toolbar, notes and bookmarks - 1:17
- Printing pages - 2:34
- Accessibility - 2:52
- Tests, videos and resources - 3:37
- Kortext bookshelf - 4:17
- Exporting references (Endnote and Refworks) - 4:39
- Groups and sharing - 5:05
How to use the Kortext App
Watch this video to learn more about the Kortext app or go straight to a section of your choice:
- Book download - 0:08
- Navigation toolbar search and contents panes - 0:35
- Bookmarks, notes and highlighting - 1:07
- Read aloud - 2:36
- Share annotation - 2:50
- References - 3:00
- Accessibility - 3:31
- Tests, videos and resources 3:51
- Additional features (IOS) - 4:40
- Kortext bookshelf 5:21
Why am I being asked to register?
- If you are a first time user, or you don't have a current Kortext account you will be prompted to register via a simple pop up box.
- You will be asked to confirm your university / institutional email address and create a new password (different to your Aston University password) to access the content the first time you access any Kortext content.
- Once the account has been set up the book will be on your user bookshelf for access
If you have further questions you can visit the 'Ask the Library' pages to see FAQs, contact us on email@example.com or get in touch via LiveChat. You can get additional information from the Kortext online support pages.
How to access Kortext eTextbooks
You can access Kortext eTextbooks in a number of ways:
- via module reading lists where Kortext eTextbooks have been added
- via SmartSearch
- via the Kortext APP
Logging in to a Kortext eTextbook:
- Click on the Kortext eTextbook link
- You now need to choose your institution - type Aston University into the search box (see image below)
- Choose Aston University OpenAthens
- You should now see the University login page - type in your University username and password
If you are getting an error message, such as "no active subscription", please try the following:
- clear the cache
- try a different browser (Kortext is optimised for Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari)
If above steps don't resolve the issue, please contact your firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Kortext online support pages.
We recommend accessing Kortext eTextbooks from the module reading list or via SmartSearch.